Roasted aubergines stuffed with onions, herbs, walnuts and pomegranates
- 4 med aubergines
- Olive oil
- 4 fat cloves garlic
- 2 med onions, chopped
- 2 pomegranates
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbs chopped walnuts
- Fresh mint and parsley
- Slice the aubergines lengthways, sprinkle over a little bit of salt and leave to one side for about an hour, then rinse off the salt and remove some of the flesh.
- Pre heat oven to 180 C.
- In a frying pan pour in a little oil and gently fry the onions and garlic, add the tomatoes, aubergine flesh, and then the spices and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add the pomegranate seeds and chopped walnuts, remove from the heat.
- Gently refill the aubergines with the mixture and place in an oven proof dish, and drizzle over a little more oil.
- Pour some stock round the aubergines, then cover with foil, place in the oven and cook for about 30 mins, remove foil and cook for a further 20 mins or until aubergines are cooked, garnish with the fresh parsley and mint.