Watercress Soup (alternative)
- 20g butter
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 450ml boiling chicken stock (vegetarians can substitute vegetable stock)
- 400g watercress, roughly chopped
- 100ml crème fraiche
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Watercress, to garnish
- Heat a pan until hot, then add the butter, garlic and onion and cook gently for 2-3 minutes over a low heat until softened.
- Add the watercress and wilt the leaves.
- Add the boiling stock and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan - Do not boil.
- To serve add a dollop of crème fraiche.
NB you could add a pan-fried or oven roasted salmon fillet to make this a main course.