A Cocotte Of Root Vegetables
Serves 4 people. Cooking time in total 50 min.
- 300 g celeriac
- 250 g swede
- 150 g small carrots
- 250 g turnips
- 1 bunch of rocket
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 1 clove of garlic- chopped
- 50 g butter
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 300 ml cream
- Wash and peel the vegetables and chop them into 2 cm cubes — if the carrots are really small I would leave them whole.
- Wash the rocket, roughly chop and leave to one side.
- Prepare the chicken stock.
- In a pan melt the butter, when it becomes a mousse add the saffron, wait for a minute then add the vegetables, stir and then add the stock. Cook over a low heat until the vegetables are tender but still slightly hard.
- Add the cream, cover the pan and cook for a further 5 min.
- Check the seasoning and sprinkle the rocket over the top.