Cream Of Beetroot Soup
For 4 people. Cooking time: 45 min.
- 30 g of butter
- 3 medium sized beetroots peeled and chopped
- 1 potato peeled and chopped
- 2 Shallots chopped
- 1 fat clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 splash of red wine vinegar
- 800 ml of vegetable stock
- 1 Bayleaf
- Worcestershire sauce
- 60 g grated gruyère
- 5 dspoons of sour cream or crème fraiche
- 1 tbspoon finely chopped chervil
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and sweat the beetroot, potato, shallots and garlic for about 5 mins.
- Moisten with the vinegar and then add the stock, add the bayleaf and leave to simmer for about 20 mins or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the stove, takeout the bayleaf and puree with either a hand held blender or with a processor.
- Pass this mixture through a sieve and then pour back into the saucepan and season.
- Gently reheat the soup and add the cheese, which will melt slightly.
- To serve pour into soup bowls and garnish with either the sour cream or crème fraiche and the chopped chervil.