Roast Goose With Potatoes
For 8 people. Preparation time: 25 min. Cooking time: 30 min.
- 1 young goose about 3 kg
- For the stuffing:
- 2 chicken livers
- 60 g minced pork
- 1 onion
- 2 shallots
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 3 sage leaves
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of bread soaked in milk
- 60 g of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Using a food processor mix everything together until everything is finely chopped
- Roughly chop two of the apples and cook them in for a few mins. Remove and leave to one side.
- In the same pot melt a nut of butter and cook the stuffing for about 10 mins until you can't make out the colour of the livers.
- Mix the stuffing, apples, bread and egg together. Season.
- Stuff the goose and make sure that all the openings are closed.
- Cut the two remaining apples into quarters
- Coat with the rest of the butter and place on a grill on top of a grill pan so the juices run free of the bird
- Put into the oven and turn it on to a gentle heat 160C
- Turn the goose so it is browned all over.
- Place the remaining apples into the oven in a dish with about 3-4 cm water
- Half way through cooking add a glass of water to the pan.
- When the goose is cooked, remove from the oven, cover with foil and leave to relax. Serve with the juices from the pan and the cooked apples