Swedes with Bacon and Potatoes
For 4 people. Preparation: 20 min. Cooking: 30 min.
- 900 g swedes
- 800 g potatoes
- 3 leeks
- 200 to 300 g of smoked bacon
- Cornichons or gherkins
- Olive oil or butter
- 1 pressure cooker
- Peel and slice the Swedes then plunge them into a pan of boiling water for about 10 mins.
- Whilst the swede is cooking, peel and slice the potatoesthe same size as the swede, chop the leeks and slice the bacon into large lardons
- Melt the oil or butter, add the leeks and lardons and sweat for about 6 mins. Add the potatoes and swede together with 2 large glasses of water.
- Pop the lid on the pressure cooker and leave to cook for 20 mins
- Serve hot with the gherkins