- 6 tbsp hollandaise sauce —fresh or shop bought
- 6 fresh eggs
- 12 slices pancetta(or bacon), grilled until crisp
- 3 English muffins, split in half horizontally and lightly toasted
- A little butter
- Preheat the grill to its highest setting.
- Make the hollandaise sauce.
- Poach or softly boil the eggs.
- When the pancetta is cooked, keep it on a warm plate while you lightly toast the split muffins on both sides.
- Now butter the muffins and place them on the baking tray, then top each half with two slices of pancetta.
- Put a cooked egg on top of each muffin half and then spoon over the hollandaise, covering the egg .
- Now flash the Eggs Benedict under the grill for just a few seconds, until they are golden. Serve straight away on warm plates.