Duck Breasts With An Apple Compote
For 4 people. Preparation time: 35 min. Cooking time: 15 min.
- 1 kg of Bramley apples
- 2 large duck breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Place the duck breasts in a pan — season, cover the pan with a lid.
- Leave to cook over a very gentle heat for about 15- 20 mins, when they are cooked remove from the pan, cover and leave to rest.
- Cut the apples into either thin slices or small chunks —place in teh bottom of teh pan you cooked the duck in with maybe a little bit of water until tender.
- Serve the duck breasts on a bed of teh compote of apples.
- If you like a little bit of sauce you could always add some crème fraiche to the juices of the duck and use a clean pan for the apples.