For 6 people. Cooking time: roughly 2 1/2 hours. (Depends on how cooked you like your meat- a guide line would be 30 minutes per 450 g.)
- 2.5 kg Leg of Spring Lamb
- 4 sprigs of rosemary — cut into 2/3cm pieces
- Olive oil
- 4-6 fat cloves of garlic — roughly sliced
- Baking or roasting tray
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Stab the skin side of the lamb 15-20 times with a small, sharp knife, twisting to make small holes. Stuff the garlic and rosemary into the holes. Season well.
- Pour over the olive oil.
- Roast for the time you have decided upon. Baste the lamb 3-4 times with the juices from the base of the tin as it cooks.
- Once cooked, let the meat rest on a plate or board for 20-30 minutes under foil.
- Serve with buttered boiled new potatoes and vegetables of your choice.