Spaghetti with Prawns and Leeks
For 4 people. Preparation time: 40 min. Cooking time: 20 min.
- 24 large prawns or 12 scallops - uncooked
- 2 limes
- 100 g half salted butter
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 10 cl of white wine
- 200 g of spaghetti
- 3 young leeks finely chopped
- 30 g butter
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop the parsley and mix with 80 g of the butter — leave in the fridge
- Melt the remaining butter in a pan and gently cook the scallops or prawns this will take about 2 mins - remove from the pan and keep warm. Don't wash the pan as you will use it later
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water. Wash and chop the leeks and sweat in some butter then season
- Pour the wine and the juice from the limes into the pan you used for cooking the prawns or scallops and reduce by half.
- Drain the pasta and mix into the pan with the leeks in over a gentle heat for about 2 mins mixing in the parsley butter and the citrus sauce at the same time. Check the seasoning
- Warm the scallops or prawns and add to the pasta.