Oysters Au Gratin
Preparation time: less than 30 min. Cooking time: less than 10 min.
- 6 fresh oysters, cleaned and shucked
- 2 streaky bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1 med red onion —finely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons cheese — parmesan or another hard cheese
- Olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- In a pan gently fry the bacon and onion. Add the parsley.
- Spoon the bacon, onion and parsley mixture over the Oysters, and Sprinkle over the cheese.
- Cook the oysters under a medium grill for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and melts.