- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 55g butter
- 300g long grain rice
- 2 tsp s curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 150ml milk
- 150ml double cream
- 300g smoked haddock, (NOT dyed), bones removed and flesh cut into chunks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Small bunch parsley, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and quartered
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and chopped garlic, and cook for a few minutes until soft, then add the spices and curry powder to the pan and continue to cook for one minute.
- Add the rice, and coat the rice with butter.
- Add the milk, cream, pop in the bay leaf, and simmer for ten minutes, Season.
- Add the haddock and cook for a few minutes, until the fish is cooked.
- To serve, place the kedgeree into a bowl, and sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Place the lemon quarters on the side of the bowl.