Halibut with liquorice root
- 500 g Halibut, cut into chunks
- 1 large courgette, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 small turnips
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 fat cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 liquorice sticks
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 200 ml water
- 200 g potatoes, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh parsley
- Drizzle some oil into a pan and gently fry onions and chopped garlic until soft.
- Add all the vegetables and let soften for a few minutes.
- Add water into the pan, you may need a little more.
- Pop in the bayleaves and slightly crushed liquorice stick.
- Add chopped potatoesLet bubble away until vegetables are nearly cooked about 20 – 30 mins.
- Add in fish, check seasoning, this fish will only take about 6-8 mins to cook.
- Garnish with the fresh parsley.