Serves 4. Cooking time: 45 min.
- 1 pike weighing 1.5kg gutted
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 8 shallots
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley finely chopped
- 1 bayleaf
- 200g button mushrooms - sliced
- 50g butter
- 250g creme fraichè
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp corn flour
- Pre heat the oven to 160°C
- Finely chop the shallots and together with the parsley and bay leaf stulf the pike. Salt and pepper.
- Place the pike on top in an oven proof dish and add ¾. of the bottle of wine - until the wine reaches halfway up the fish, and add some knobs of butter add the mushrooms pladng them around thefish. Cover with some foil and put into the oven for roughly 35 mins, or until the fish is cooked.
- When the fish is cooked remove it and place it on your serving dish. Cover and keep in a warm. Remove the bay leaf.
- Keeping the mushrooms in a pan with the juices from the fish and the remainder of the wine bring this to the boil, reduce the heat and add the of the creme fraichè - little by Iittle - whisking all the time. Pour the sauce over the fish and serve with some new potatoes.