Pears Belle Helene
- 6 ripe pears
- 250 g chocolate
- 1 lemon
- ¾ l vanilla ice cream
- 250 g sugar
- With the sugar and a glass of water make syrup over a high heat for about 10 min in a heavy based pan.
- Peel the pears and cut in half lengthways and remove the pips, place gently into the syrup and squeeze over some lemon juice. Bring back to the boil for about2 min.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool in the syrup. When cool remove the pears and put them into the fridge.
- Place your serving dishes into the fridge to chill
- To melt the chocolate place into a bowl and place this over a pan of simmering water. Keep warm
- To serve: In each serving bowl place a scoop of ice cream, and cover with a pear half and then just before eating pour over the chocolate sauce