Blueberry Pancakes with Cottage Cheese
For 4 people.
- 2 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 50 g butter, melted
- 250ml milk
- 125g cottage cheese
- 225 g blueberries
- 15 g unsalted butter, plus extra for cooking
- To serve
- 4 knobs butter
- 8 rashers bacon, grilled until crisp
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the egg, melted butter, milk and cottage cheese. Gradually add the cottage cheese mixture to the flour mixture, whisking constantly until a smooth batter is formed.
- Add the blueberries and stir gently.
- Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Place spoonfuls of the batter into the hot pan and cook for one minute on each side, or until golden.
- To serve, place two pancakes per person onto a warmed plate. Top with a little extra butter, two rashers of grilled bacon and a drizzle of maple syrup.