Serves 4-6 people. Cooking time 20 min + refrigeration 3-4 hours.
- 600 ml double cream
- 130 g caster sugar
- 2 large unwaxed lemons —zest and juice
- Place the double cream and the sugar into a large pan over a low heat and slowly bring to a boil, stirring with a wooden spoon so that the sugar and cream are mixed well.
- Boil for three to five min, until the mixture has thickened and coats the back of the spoon.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly
- Whisk in the lemon juice and zest.
- Pour the lemon cream mixture into your serving glasses or ramekins and refrigerate for at least three hours.
- To serve you could always grate some more lemon zest over the top.