For 4 people.
- 500g strawberries, hulls removed
- 400ml double cream
- 4 ready-made meringue nests, smashed
- 200g raspberries
- 1 tbs sugar (optional)
- Sprigs of fresh mint, to garnish
- Rush 250 g of the strawberries and all of the raspberries put into a bowl and sprinkle the sugar over — if using then put into the fridge. (This will be better if done the night before).
- Chop the remaining strawberries, reserving 4 for decoration.
- Whip the double cream until fairly stiff, and then fold in the crushed strawberries, raspberries and meringue.
- Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Divide between cold glass bowls and serve garnished with the remaining strawberries and a sprig of mint, keep in the fridge until needed .