For 6 people. Preparation time: 15-20 min. Cooking time: 30-45 min
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g sugar (vanilla would be ideal or you could add couple drops of vanilla essence)
- 80 g flour
- 60 g butter (30g to be melted)
- 25 cl milk
- 500 g cherries stoned
- 20-22 cm dish
- Pre heat the oven to gas 4.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a hand held mixer add the salt and sugar, and mix well.
- Add the flour and fold it gently into the mixture. Add the melted butter and milk.
- Well butter a porcelain dish and place the cherries in it add the mixture then before you pop it into the oven evenly dot the remaining butter over the top.
- Cook on the middle shelf for between 30- 45 minutes (test by prodding with a knife if it is clean then it is cooked).
- Clafoutis can be served warm or cold with cream.
If you are a coeliac use gluten-free flour — I use Doves Farm - with 1 teaspoon of baking powder.