Slow Roasted Aubergine, Onion, Tomato & Courgette Salad
For 4 people as a side dish
- 1 large aubergine
- 1 med sized onion
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 med sized courgettes
- 6 fat cloves of garlic
- I lemon
- Olive oil
- 2 gem lettuces
- Pre heat the oven to about 120oC
- Slice the aubergines as thinly as possible likewise with the remaining vegetables (not the tomatoes)
- Place the whole lot in an oven proof dish and sprinkle over the cumin, squeeze the lemon juice over the vegetables then pour over some olive oil — aubergines really drink oil up so be quite generous.
- Chop up the lemon and mix it in as well
- Place in the oven and leave for about 2 hours — check every now and then and give it a little mix —
- Serve warm.
- Alternatively spoon some into a wrap add some feta cheese or some Greek yoghurt — delicious!