For 6 people. Preparation time: 30 min. Cooking time: 65 min.
- 250 g short crust pastry
- 500 g pumpkin flesh
- 2 eggs
- 80 g acacia honey
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp rum
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 2 tsp ground almonds
- 1 nut of butter
- Preheat the oven to 210C
- Lightly butter a flan dish 23cm
- Line the dish with the pastry, cover with baking paper and rice or use the special cooking balls and blind bake the pastry for about 20 min.
- During this time chop the pumpkin flesh and steam it until it is tender which should take about 15 min
- Place the pumpkin into a food processor and add the eggs, honey, spices, rum and corn flour and blitz until it is smooth. Then mix in the lemon zest.
- Remove the baking paper from the flan and sprinkle over the almonds.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flan case and place in the oven to cook for about 45 min.
- When cooked leave to cool before removing it from the flan dish and serve with double cream.