Parsnips Au Gratin
Serves 6 people. Cooking time 50 min.
- 300 g parsnips
- 150 g potatoes
- 150 g gruyère grated
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 150 g crème fraîche
- 30 g breadcrumbs
- 25 g butter
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the parsnips (don't peel them). Slice into rounds of about 1 cm in thickness.
- Peel the potatoes and cook with the parsnips in a pan of boiling water for 10 mins.
- Drain and slice the potatoes in the same manner as the parsnips.
- Oil a baking tray and place a layer of parsnips then a layer of potatoes, sprinkling some grated gruyère ,crushed garlic and salt and pepper on each layer.
- Spoon over the crème fraiche, breadcrumbs and remainder of the cheese on the top layer.
- Add small knobs of butter on the top and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Put under the grill or in the oven for about 20 min until the top is a lovely golden colour.