Marrow with Breadcrumbs and Cheese
For 4 people. Preparation time: 15 min. Cooking time: 20 min.
- 1 kg marrow
- 1 egg
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 100 g butter
- 100 g of grated cheese (gruyere, comté, emmenthal...)
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and slice the marrow into slices of about 1 cm in thickness.
- Beat the egg with a pinch of salt and pepper and the coat the slices first with the egg and then with the breadcrumbs.
- Leave in the fridge for about 1 h.
- Melt the butter in a pan in the hot butter and brown the marrow making sure that both sides are cooked.
- Sesaon and cover with the grated cheese and leave for a couple of mins until the cheese has melted.