Confiture Of Onions
Preparation time: 10 min. Cooking time: 60 min.
- 5 large onions
- 50 g of dried raisins
- 5 cl of sherry
- 2 tbsp crème de cassis
- 25 g butter
- 2 cl of white wine vinegar
- 100 g sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter over a gentle heat and sweat the onions (without colouring) and leave for about 30 mins
- Soak the raisins in a bowl of hot water for 30 mins
- Add the vinegar, sherry, sugar, salt and pepper and the cassis to the onions
- Remove the raisins from the water and add to the onion mixture
- Leave the above to reduce by half.