- 1kg lamb diced
- 2 litres of lamb stock or water
- 4-6 med sized potatoes chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2-3 fat cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 med sized carrots, sliced
- 1 med sized swede, chopped
- Bay leaf
- Fresh or dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Fig jelly or fresh figs , finely chopped (optional)
- Place the lamb into a large pan and brown for a few minutes pour over the
stock, or water, I would suggest that you just cover the meat with the liquid,
and just check every now and again to see if it needs more. Add garlic, bay
leaf and rosemary and leave to simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Add the chopped vegetables and continue to cook, slowly for a further 2
hours. If you want to add the figs add them now.
- Serve with crusty bread.