Chicken Wings With Glazed Figs
For 6 people. Cooking time including marinading time: 1 hour 20 min.
- 500 g chicken wings (3 per person)
- 4 onions
- 2 sticks of lemongrass
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
- 1 dessertspoon of chilli powder
- 1 dessertspoon of soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 18 small ripe figs — cut in halves
- Olive oil
- Place the chicken wings side by side in an oven proof dish.
- Chop the onions and lemongrass, then peel and grate the ginger, Tip this into a bowl and mix, then add the soy sauce, chilli powder, lemon juice and 3 dessertspoons of olive oil, season. Mix this all well together and pour over the chicken wings. Leave for a good hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Place the chicken into the oven for about 15 mins then add the figs for the last 10 mins of cooking time.