Salmon and Spinach quiche
- 225g shortcrust pastry
- 175g uncooked salmon, in bite sized pieces
- 150g spinach leaves –pre - steamed
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 200ml milk
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tomato — chopped and deseeded
- 1 clove of garlic - crushed
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Salt and freshly milled pepper
- Kitchen paper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry until it is slightly larger than a 25cm
loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Prick the pastry all over with a fork, lin. Place in the oven and bake
for 20 minutes.
- Arrange the salmon, spinach evenly in the bottom of the pastry case. Sprinkle
over the parmesan.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, dill, and milk until well combined.
Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour the
mixture into the pastry case.
- Transfer the quiche to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the
egg mixture has set.
- Set the quiche aside to cool.