For 6 people. Cooking time: 40 min.
- 6 pears
- 1/2 l of milk
- 250 g sugar (vanilla if possible)
- 5 egg yolks
- 25 g corn starch or arrowroot
- 50 g powdered almonds
- 1 tbsp of Kirsch
- 1 lemon
- 100 g sugar
- 50 ml water
- Gently peel the pears and after placing them in a saucepan, moisten with the juice of the lemon
- Cover the pears with cold water and then cover the pan with foil, then keeping the heat low bring the water up to a simmer and keep there for about 12-15 mins. Until they are soft.
- Remove the pears from the water and plunge them into some ice-cold water to stop them cooking more. Drain over some paper towels
- In a pan bring the milk and sugar to the boil and remove from the heat
- Mix the corn starch, almonds and egg yolks, and add to the milk, mixing all together over a gentle heat until it thickens, remove from the heat and add in the kirsch.
- Place the pears into your serving dish and pour over the sauce to about three quarters.
- Before serving make a caramel by dissolving the sugar and water in a heavy pan and cooking until you have a lovely thick sauce. Pour over the pears when you serve them.